Would you ever go outside without protection during a heat wave, blizzard, or tropical storm? You possibly wouldn’t go out at all, and if you did you will most likely be precautious. Your asphalt driveway or parking lot must not withstand extreme weather conditions without protection. A great asphalt driveway protection solution is sealcoating, as it reduces your surface deterioration and increases life-time.
Learn about the benefits of asphalt driveway sealing. Make protecting your asphalt investment a priority. Save the time, energy, and money used in repairs.
Why Is Sealcoating Your Driveway Important?
Most people sealcoat asphalt driveways or parking lots to prevent damaging effects caused by natural elements and car pollutants. When vulnerable to the sun, water and natural elements, your asphalt surface oxidizes and hardens. Resulting in an asphalt driveway or parking lot that is brittle and potential to crackling or potholes. Professional asphalt sealcoating helps protect asphalt driveways or parking areas; decreasing the chances of water penetration and other harmful elements such as car pollutants.
Asphalt sealing also provides aesthetic benefits to your asphalt driveway or parking lot. The asphalt surface will have a fresh look and even feel. Sealcoating saves you lots of money and energy, otherwise spent in repairs, and ensures healthy asphalt surfaces for years.
Prepare Your Asphalt Surface For Sealing
The following list includes general action items asphalt care professionals follow before asphalt driveway or parking lot sealcoating:
- Assess driveway or parking lot. Any professional contractor will ask to assess your asphalt surface as the first step towards sealcoating. If your asphalt surface was installed within the past 18-24 months, you do not need sealcoating. During the assessment you are searching for cracks, potholes, oil stains and other signs of deterioration that need instant repairing.
- Clear the area. The next step is to clean the asphalt area thoroughly of debris, so that the priming and sealcoating is effective. This is important as it will prevent any missed cracks or potholes that need covering.
- Locate cracks and potholes in need of repair. Any area that needs repairing must be identified in your asphalt driveway or parking lot. This process is thorough. Professional asphalt contractors have an eye for locating these quick, as well as differentiating cracks, divots, and depressions.
- Evaluate weather conditions. Sealcoat application must be done at an asphalt pavement temperature of at least 50 degrees. The air temperature must be above 50 degrees. For best results have your contractor follow these metrics, as other variables decrease the integrity of asphalt driveway sealcoating application.
- Remove oil spots and prime asphalt surface. Understand that oil stains on asphalt also decrease the effectiveness of your asphalt sealcoating service. All stains must be removed prior to applying a primer layer on the asphalt surface.
Generally, asphalt sealcoating requires multiple applications. For extended durability of your asphalt surface, have your asphalt driveway or parking lot assessed and treated every 20-36 months. Remember sealcoating is providing your investment with protection and an improved aesthetic look.
Limitless Golden Construction offers high-quality asphalt paving services in Putnam and Westchester County, NY. Our seasoned experts guide you and answer any of your questions regarding your pavement needs.
Request your complimentary quote now and proactively book your spring service with us! Call Limitless Golden Construction today at 914.810.3125.
Leave your questions in the comments below or visit our blog to learn more about caring for your asphalt driveway or parking lot.